2022 Reading List

 2022 Reding List


Personally, with the Pandemic on the back end and the ability to leave my home now more and more.  With that I have been reading a lot less than I was the previous year due to being stuck at home.  I still maintain regular reading of all my education text books and books to keep up with school.  I enjoyed each read and each text had something to teach or show about myself or people as a whole.

Beaumarchais, Pierre. The Marriage of Figaro.  Elephant Paperbacks, 1778.

  • The Marriage of Figaro is a romantic comedy at its core.  It is about a common man and his love trying to marry together while they're those above him seek to stop that Through clever the planning of figaro and his hilarious nature/ antics he overcomes his obstacles, gets his love, and outsmarts those who seek to hurt him and his love.  The story is funny romantic and drama all throughout but concludes that through clever wit and smarts one can accomplish what he wants and desires.






Holiday, Ryan.  The Obstacle Is the Way.  Penguin Publishing, 2020.
  • The Obstacle in the Way is an accumulation of stories designed to help guide and teach the reader how to persevere and get through the problems of working, leading and speaking to a crowd.  These tales range from roman to modern day with the intention of giving ways to the reading to accomplish their goals and pushing through their own problems.




Machiavelli, Niccolò. The Prince. Norton Publishing, 1532.


  • The Prince is an outline if not a written application by Machiavelli to the leaders of the Citys states of Italy.  The work outlines strategies, ideas and how to handle leadership.  The book plainly covers what is the ideal way to rule and maintain rule and control of your kingdom and people.









Mckay, Perry.  A history of Western Society.  Macmillan learning, 2020.

  • A History of Western Society contains a collection of firsthand sources from early Europe to modern western society during the Cold War.  This text book provides essays, letters, first hand accounts, and other information to give context to certain periods of time.  It is great for citing information to help aid in History class.







Shakespeare, William.  Hamlet.  Penguin Books, 1603.

  • Hamlet is a five-act tragedy about betrayal, misunderstanding, and manipulation.  It follows a young prince seeking his own vengeance on his uncle who stole power from and killed his father.  The story follows him, and a slew of other people entangled in the power struggle and revenge of Hamlet. 









Humanities from the Beginning to end

  In my first week of Humanities, I expected to learn about the culture and history of European society.  From the renaissance painters, and artists all the way up to the enlightenment era.  My goal when first entering this class was to gain a deeper understanding or grasp of European culture as a whole in in certain instances.  When signing up for this class I was most excited to learn even more about the history of Europe and western society.  I love the study of history and to be able to grasp a deeper understanding of history and its culture was an opportunity I wanted to take.

By the end of this course, I learned how to create and set up a proper blog, learned about key influential writers, painters and artist of Europe.  To me Humanities is a broad term for the collect study of humanity, ranging from culture, history, people, and anything relating to humanity itself.  In the end I gained a greater understanding of European culture that helped me reach or at least get closer to my goal of understanding European history and its influence on western society and the world.  History is not my major but something I enjoy studying and Europe serves as a focal point for many cultures and ideas around the world so I want to learn as much as I can about Europe's influence on the world.

Works Cited

De, Beaumarchais Pierre Augustin Caron, et al. The Marriage of Figaro. Oberon Books, 2013.

Machiavelli Niccolò. The Prince Machiavelli. 2010.

McKay, John P., et al. A History of Western Society. Bedford/St Martin's, 2020.

Shakespeare, William, et al. Hamlet, Prince of Denmark. Cambridge University Press, 2019.


Comments